The main ways to gain Turkish Citizenship
- Gaining Turkish Citizenship by Birth:
Turkish citizenship acquired by birth is automatically acquired on the basis of lineage or place of birth. Citizenship acquired by birth takes effect from the moment of birth.
- Gaining Turkish Citizenship by lineage:
It is sufficient for only one of the parents to be a Turkish citizen at the time of birth, and the fact that the other is a foreign citizen does not prevent the acquisition of Turkish citizenship.
Gaining Turkish Citizenship by Adoption:
Turkish Citizenship can be gained by adoption if the adopted person has no threads on the national or public security when being adopted by Turkish citizenship.
Gaining Turkish Citizenship by Marriage:
- Marriage with a Turkish citizen does not directly acquire Turkish citizenship. Foreigners who have been married to a Turkish citizen for at least three years and whose marriage continues can apply to acquire Turkish citizenship.
- If the marriage is terminated due to the death of the Turkish citizen spouse after the application date, the condition of living in family unity is not sought.
- Foreigners who acquire Turkish citizenship by marriage, if they have good intentions in getting married, retain their Turkish citizenship.
- In the event that the marriage of a foreigner who has acquired Turkish citizenship by marriage is decided to be null and void, the question of whether she will retain Turkish citizenship is asked from the Ministry through the Governor's Office.
Gaining Turkish Citizenship by Investment:
- Investing at least 250,000 American Dollars in property and holding it for at least 3 years.
- Investing in a project with a capital greater than 500,000 American Dollars.
- Employing at least 50 Turkish Citizens.